Alright, mums! Baby registry time. Now, I know it feels a bit like prepping for an expedition, but don’t sweat it. A baby registry is our best friend when it comes to planning for your little one. This list is going to run the from lifesavers under $20 to more luxurious items over $500. Remember, the costs can vary quite a bit, so take these as friendly suggestions rather than the rulebook. We're all in this together, right?
- Bibs: Whether it's mealtime or teething time, bibs are a godsend. Plus, they come in all sorts of adorable designs. A definite must-have! We’ll add washcloths into here too.
- Baby Books: Snuggling with your little one and a book is precious. Start their library early with a set of soft or board books. A small price for so many cuddles.
- Baby Socks: Baby socks are like bobby pins - always disappearing. Add in a pack or two to stash away for those "missing sock" days.
- Soothing Balms: Red cheeks? Chapped skin? A gentle soothing balm can make all the difference. It’s like a magic wand in your nappy bag.
- Cloth Nappies: If you're keen on the eco-friendly route, cloth nappies are a fab option. A bit of an investment upfront, but the savings add up in the long-run
- Baby Bath Set: Pamper your baby with a plush towel and some gentle shampoo and body wash. You’ll be smelling that sweet baby scent all day.
- Baby Clothes: I mean, is there anything cuter than tiny outfits? Whether it's onesies or sleepers, baby clothes are always a hit on the registry.
- Tummy Time Mirror: Keep your little one entertained and help develop their self-awareness with a tummy time mirror. It's fascinating to watch them discover their own reflection. Plus, it makes tummy time a bit more fun!
- Play Mats: Our play mats are a go-to for tummy time, sensory play, and honestly, they're a breeze to clean with a bunch of different designs. They make a perfect special gift from a dear friend or family member.
- Baby High Chair: The key to stress-free meal times? A good high chair. You'll find a wide range in this price bracket, with various styles and features.
- Baby Carrier: A baby carrier is a real back-saver when you want to keep bub close but still have your hands free.
- Quality Stroller: Yes, it's a splurge, but a sturdy, easy-to-push stroller is a lifesaver when you're out and about. This might be a travel stroller if you’re planning on getting away!
- Baby Monitor: Want peace of mind? A baby monitor has got you covered. Keep an ear out for your little one, even from a different room.
- Convertible Cot: Cots are a long-term investment. They'll transition right along with your baby, from newborn til much older.
- Car Seat: Safety first! A well-rated car seat is non-negotiable. It's a bit of an investment, but for peace of mind while you're on the road, it's worth every penny. While you might have bought one yourself, having another one for the other car might be a luxury to add on to your registry.
Keep it practical, sprinkle in some special items, and you can’t go wrong. Happy registry building!